HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Top Two Tuesday!!



Today's topic on "Top Two Tuesday" is the top two things that your parents taught you about money. Luckily, I had VERY good role models for learning to manage money. I had my first savings account by the time I was 8 and had started saving money in my piggy bank by the time I could walk. Money was never a problem in my house until my dad was laid off from his high paying job when I was about 10. Life changed....frivolous things were a thing of the past. I started babysitting to buy the things that I wanted. I got my first "real" job when I was 15 at Chick-fil-a and I haven't stopped working since. I paid for my own gas, clothes, fun money, etc. I was never the kid asking my parents for money. I worked my way through high school....quitting my cheer squad so I could work more and get a car/pay for gas/etc. I worked through college paying for sorority/clothes/food. When I got my big girl teaching job, I moved back home and saved A BUNCH of money that I was able to use for a down payment on my current home. All that to say...I am good with money...but I LOVE to buy things :)
1. My parents taught me that money doesn't grow on trees....you MUST work for it! And SAVE it!! If my parents hadn't been about saving money, who knows what would have happened to us when my dad got laid off. It's important to have $$ in savings !!


2. Don't be scared to spend money on the "good stuff". While Joe and I like to save money....we like to spend it more! We have NO PROBLEM with traveling, buying good sheets, eating good food, etc.
Life is too short....and you can't take it with you, so also enjoy your hard work and live a little!


No comments:

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved