HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day #8-A photo that makes you sad :(

Although this is the sweetest picture of my mom holding me as a baby, it makes me sad. My mom was so young and full of life. So in love with my dad and her new baby (me!!). It looks like it was a beautiful day and she probably thought she would be old and gray before she died. That didn't happen. I lost my mother to cancer 3 years ago and I still miss her everyday. It makes me sad that I can't hug her anymore. When something exciting or bad happens I literally grab the phone because I need to tell her....but then I realize that she's not there. It makes me sad that when I have a little baby she will not be there for the shower...not for the delivery...not for decorating the nursery and buying cute baby clothes....none of it. It breaks my heart. I know that she WILL be there though...just not physically. Want to know a secret? I talk to her in my dreams. It's so real and she says stuff that only I would know. I truly believe that we communicate this way. Also, dragonflies are sorta "our thing". I have always loved dragonflies and when I met Joe...boy had a dragonfly tattooed on his back....crazy huh? When my mother was dying, I asked her if she would send me messages to let me know she was OK. She said she would if she could and that I would know it when I saw it.....I see dragonflies ALL THE TIME. They are huge and they let me get so close. Now, I do not believe that my mother is now a dragonfly, but I do believe that she sends them to say "Hi Sarah...I miss you!!"


3 comments:

Caitrin said...

What a sweet post and a beautiful picture!

emily said...

She's beautiful!! You look just like her too!
So sorry for your loss.

Candice Pair said...

What a sweet post...and that picture is so precious! I'm sorry for your loss...I can only imagine how tough that is.

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved