I love books! When I was little my parents read to me ALL the time. When I was growing up I was the #1 reader in all of 2nd grade :) As a pre-teen I lived for Baby-sitters Club books (I wanted to be Stacy...she was the prettiest and so sophisticated being from NYC and all...but she has diabetes...sad!). As an adult, it has taken me awhile to get back into reading. I must admit that I LOVE reading magazine....but a good book can't be beat. I mostly read Chick-lit. Being a teacher, I read A LOT of children's books. Here are my favorites:
Are You There God? It's Me, Margret.
This book got me through middle school....I loved reading about all the stuff that happened to Margret....7 minutes in heaven anyone?

Eloise
This book is about a little girl who lives at The Plaza Hotel in NYC with her pug and turtle. She is always getting into trouble and it makes me laugh everytime.

The Sneetches
I think this is my favorite Dr. Seuss book. I used to love it when I was little and I still read it several times a year. It also doesn't hurt that Joe was "Sylvester McMonkey McBean" in a school play when he was little.

Olivia
Another children's book that I LOVE. Olivia is great!

He's Just Not That Into You
Ladies, this book SERIOUSLY changed my life! After years of dating all the wrong guys, I FINALLY found the right one shortly after reading this book. Yes, the book is way better than the movie. If you are single, you have to read this.

All of the Emily Giffin books....I have read them all....they are an easy "beach" read :)

Go Ask Alice
My mom gave me this book in middle school. Was she trying to derail me from trying drugs...it seems to have worked. This is the diary of a regular girl who gets into drugs and all of the stuff that goes along with it.

All of the Sophie Kinsella books
She is a wonderful writer and her books always make me smile.
TRAVEL books :)
Joe and I always have some adventure planned, so I like to read travel books to find out all of the best places to go.

The Twilight Books
Yes, I know, I know....but I like them and Joe has read them all too :)

The Five People You Meet In Heaven
This book makes you think and I brought me peace.

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea
All of Chelsea Handler's books make me laugh out loud. She is one of the funniest people I have ever heard!

Embraced By The Light
This is the best book. If you have ever lost someone that you love or are curious about lie after death, read this! It is about a lady who really died and came back to talk about it and yes, it is a true story!
















2 comments:
Oh my gosh, Chelsea Handler is really funny. I'm watching Chelsea Lately right now... LC is going to be on the show. :)
Love Mitch Albom books... and Twilight too.
You know what? My husband read the Twilight books with me, too, and LOVED them. I now drag him to the Twilight movies with me, LOL.
Post a Comment