HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You Asked....I'm Answering


How often do you do cupcakes? How did you get business in the beginning?

Read all about that in an interview I did here with Cake Spy.





You and Joe travel a lot, where is one place you've yet to visit but you're dying to go?
This is an easy one....I have always wanted to go to Tahiti, Bora Bora, etc. I want to stay in an overwater bungalow and be able to jump right out of my door and into the crystal clear water....pure heaven! Hopefully it will happen for my 10 year anniversary. That's what I am hoping for :)



What are your plans for the nursery?
Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I just knew I was having a girl and lo and behold...I am :)

I had made this inspiration board for the nursery...let's see how close I have stayed to it.


1. I have my nubby linen glider/rocker chair
2. I have a glass jar for paci's
3. I have fun curtains made
4. I have this cute owl pillow
5. My MIL has made some cute pillows and changing table pad cover
6. I have ordered this bedding from Etsy
7. We have a white armoire
8. I got the LOVE print for my birthday from my brother
9. Joe has painted the room tiffany blue and installed the white wainscotting




I still plan to get baskets for the changing table. I have ordered a rug....waiting for it to come in. Chandelier has been put up. I am thinking of making a mobile like this for over the bed.
We are working on art for the room. It's coming along...I like these....found a tutorial online. I will make mine with brighter colors so it will match the room.
We also have a side table to paint, need to get a lamp, organize the closet, hang up the clothes, etc.....lots more to do. I will post a full reveal when we get finished.


*I got asked this one a lot....
How did you come up with Sally's name?
What's the story/meaning behind the name Sally O'Mally?
Have you seen Sally O'Malley on SNL?
When my mom was 50, she used to act like Sally O'Malley....she can kick, punch, and kick!! It was a running joke with my family.

When my mom passed away a few years ago, I knew if I ever had a little girl, I would name her Sally. Joe said we would call her Sally O'Mally and I would always laugh. When we found out it REALLY was a girl, he said he was serious about that being her middle name. He was not joking....totally serious. He wanted her to be Sally O'Mally Moske. I must admit, I was a little unsure at first. I got to choose everything for the baby, so I figured that if he wanted that to be her name...so be it. I love it now. She is sure going to be spunky with a name like that.


and, the most important question: when will you ship/hand deliver me some of your yummy blondies?!! :)

I wish....I am currently taking a little break from baking until Sally arrives. I will start baking again once I get my stay at home/baby duties under control.


I too would love to know more about Sally's name! But since that question has already been asked, how about this one: what are some things you've learned about parenting from being a kindergarten teacher...maybe things that you will/will not do that you've noticed as a result from all the interactions you've had with parents and students?

I know that my child will eat healthy snacks during snack time.
I know that we will NOT be buying school lunch.
I will make sure to let the teacher know how much we appreciate her.
My child will be on time for school.
I will volunteer my time to help in the classroom.
I will start the year with good communication between the teacher and myself.
I will teach my child as much as possible before they start school....how to write their name, ABC's, letter sounds, colors, shapes, numbers, how to count, etc.





4 comments:

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

OMG I LOVE Sally OMally.

Tami said...

I love the crib bedding. I used the same fabrics in my baby girl's nursery!

Sara said...

Sarah-I too, was a bit curious about her name. What a lovely way to honor your mom! My husband's mother passed away 2 years ago and we are also choosing to honor her in our daughter's name (although we are keeping that one thing to ourselves..so stay tuned). Congrats again!

jessica said...

I was wondering if that's where her name came from! I think that's an awesome way to honor your Momma! :)

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved