
Today I am thankful for the city that I live in. Memphis, TN.
Yes, it has it's problems but it has a lot of great things about it too!
Here is a view of downtown. See the bridge shaped like an "M", the pyramid, and the stadium? It's pretty beautiful!

Speaking of that stadium, it's the one where Joe popped the question to me 7 years ago :) It obviously is one of my favorite places in the city.

Let me share some other things that I LOVE about my city:
Elvis....I like the guy...what can I say? We have thousands (maybe millions) of people that come to visit his house, Graceland, every year.

The Peabody Hotel...one of the best views of the city can be seen from the roof.

This is a Memphis landmark. Every morning hundreds of people gather to watch the world famous Peabody Ducks waddle from the elevator to the fountain in the lobby. They do it again at 4 pm when they get out of the fountains, get in the elevator and go back up to their penthouse. It's quite a sight to see.

Joe and I love to visit Shelby Farms Park. Did you know it's the biggest urban park in the country??!! We love to walk the trails, walk around the lake, etc.

The Memphis Zoo was rated #1 zoo in the country. It's really nice and we have a membership. We sometimes go just for an hour or two.

You want some good food? Well....you have come to the right place. My top two places to bring people from out of town?
Gus's Chicken is the BEST chicken ever...so moist and very spicy!!

Central BBQ is right down the street from our house and we think it has the best in the city!
You cannot come to Memphis and not experience Beale Street. It looks quite calm in this picture...but it's day time. If you come at night, it's VERY crowded.
There you have it...Memphis, TN. Maybe not the most glamorous place to live, but it has some redeeming qualities. Will we always live here? Not sure...Joe is from Minnesota and I was born and raised in Memphis...we would like to live near a beach soon!














9 comments:
i'm a new follower can't wait to read more!
Great post on Memphis! I really want some BBQ. Ha! Thanks for linking up!
I never realized Memphis had so many fun places. Can I just say that I'd love to come and see the ducks waddle. That's so cute! I love that your hubby proposed at the ballpark. That will always be a special place for you guys.
That park sounds really pretty!
yay for memphis!! i love it here :)
Love the view of the city where you can see the bridge and the pyramid! Memphis sounds amazing! Thanks for linking up! :)
-Sam
Here from THANKful challenge :)
I've never been to Memphis - would love to check it out though!
I'm dying to take my daughter to Memphis zoo!!! One day it will happen until then I enjoyed looking at your pictures of Memphis =)
hey sarah- i have gone to a place on hacks cross twice...kind of far out there. 3750 hacks cross, right off winchester. its called arch 2 arch and its so much cheaper than waxing too!
Umm, I think I would die if I saw those ducks! Adorable!
Post a Comment