HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Trip Flashback-St. Maarten


In January of 2007, Joe and I decided to take advantage of our flight benefits and meet some friends in St. Maarten for a long weekend. Here we are at the Memphis Airport getting ready to go....look how cute Joe is in his pilots uniform!
We stayed at the Royal Sonesta Maho Beach Resort. I stole these pictures from the website....not the nicest hotel ever, but we got an amazing deal!



Here is our room

and Joe in the bathroom....it was quite European with a bidet.

We immediately changed into our suits and got on the beach. The sun was already going down, but we didn't care....we were on the beach while all our friends were in the cold Memphis weather!

One of the craziest things about our hotel is that is located right next to the airport and I do mean RIGHT next to it..hence the sign!


We changed and everyone went to dinner. These are Joe's pilot buddies....friends that he went to college with.






I of course had to find some chocolate!

The next day, Joe and I decided to take a cab into the town and see what was there...not very much!






We decided it was best to come back to our hotel and get into bathing suits and on the beach! Look, at plane is coming in on Joe's finger!


Joe and I always bring our own snorkel stuff...you never know when you may need it.



Later, we got dressed up and met everyone for dinner.


On the last day (before heading back home) we spent some more time on the beach and at the pool.


It was a fun, fast trip...but totally worth it!!

Oh, and it you are interested in seeing what it is like being so close to the airport when the planes come in/go out, check out this video. I cannot find the one that I took, but this one is pretty crazy. The sand blasts the back of your legs and it hurts!!



1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks like a fun trip! Those plans would have scared me to death!!

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved