HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up!!

We started our weekend on Thursday night with a date night with our friends, Meredith and Ryan. After dinner at the always delicious, Flying Fish, we had a BIG night planned.

We went to see the Transiberian Orchestra at the FedEx Forum. Here we are before the show. Let me tell you, I was super excited for this show. It comes to town every Christmas and I have always heard WONDERFUL things about it.
I was expecting it to be a bunch of Christmas songs that I knew...just rocked out with lasers, fire, etc. Something like this:
Yeah....we hated it. HATED it!! First of all, they only did a few songs that I was familiar with. The other songs were ones that they made up...and they were bad...really bad! They also had this lam story that they told and it DRUG out.....I was so disappointed. The show was so boring that we left about half way through. I was so mad that I had spent money on the tickets, but at least I know now. I feel it is only fair that I warn you how bad it is in case you are ever thinking of going.

When we got home on Thursday, Joe's mom and step dad were there. They drove down for the weekend from Minnesota. On Friday we went to dinner at Gus's (since no trip to Memphis is complete without a trip to this fried chicken mecca!).


After dinner we stopped for drinks at the Peabody lobby bar. The lobby was just gorgeous decorated for Christmas!


Look at this tree....so pretty!
Of course we had to pose for some pictures in front of it.

Joe's mom and stepdad
Me and Joe
The four of us
Joe and his buddy, Wes, who is town for FedEx pilot training.
On Saturday, the boys got up and went to a woodworking class and Peggy and I ran errands. We all met for lunch at Bosco's.




In the afternoon Peggy and I worked on baby/nursery projects and the boys installed the closet organizer. We were all pretty tired by the time dinner rolled around so we picked up Central BBQ to go.
On Sunday we had my shower and then I made chili for everybody. It was a really nice (but busy) weekend. I am so ready for the week to be over. We have a lot of fun activities planned for school, but they make me so tired. I am ready to stay at home, bake cookies, wrap gifts, and relax watching movies.





3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! I'm SO sorry to hear about your concert experience! I have always wanted to get tickets but now I'm rethinking that decision!

Anonymous said...

Well at least you ate some yummy food! I love all those places! :)

Kendall Jones said...

Agreed!!! We went to the show last week, too and we so disappointed. The weird story narrative made no sense and the whole thing was SO early 90s. Gag. Glad I wasn't the only one who though that! A guy behind me fell asleep! Hahah

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved