HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Monday, December 5, 2011

St. Jude 1/2 Marathon


On Saturday I walked the 1/2 marathon....7 months pregnant. Yes, I am crazy. When I did it last year I saw a pregnant girl doing it and I thought...I can do that when I am pregnant. So when I found out that I was pregnant this summer, I knew that it was something I still wanted to do. My hubby ran the full last year and he was doing it again.

On Friday we went and picked up our race packets and then went to a pasta/carb loading party at Tyler and Katelyn's. On Saturday we woke up bright and early and got ready and then headed downtown. We found a place to park and walked to the stadium to check our bags. Next it was time to line up...my friend and I were at the back with the rest of the walkers. One of my favorite parts of the course is when we get to go down Beale Street.
I did fine in the race until about mile 9...then my lower back started hurting and I could feel blisters forming on my feet...but I finished. My final time was 3 hours and 44 minutes.

After we were done it was time to wait for Joe to cross the finish line. Here he is in the gray shirt.
and about to cross over the finish line!!
Yay!!! Here we are with our medals!! Sally did pretty good :)
Me and Meredith (my cousin/friend/walking buddy)
Meredith and her hubby, Ryan (he ran the 1/2 and did great!)

Joe and our friend, Craig

All of us!!
We went for a late lunch at Huey's and then hobbled around the rest of the day doing pretty much nothing. I plan on doing it again next year!!


3 comments:

Chelley N said...

WOW! That's awesome that you did that while pregnant!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! everyone looks so happy in the after pics, i love it!

Anonymous said...

you are awesome! such an inspiration!

xoxo,
megs [at] Shine On

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved