We had BIG plans for New Years....a cabin in Gatlinburg with 3 other couples and I would get to try snowboarding for the first time. Joe usually goes every year and even has all of the gear. Here is in our bedroom packing the night before.

The next morning when Joe got off work at 6 pm we hit the road. We were in Nashville around breakfast time so we had to stop at The Loveless Cafe....it's famous for delicious biscuits...yum!!
We continued our day of good eating by stopping for lunch at 5 Guys....I wasn't feeling the beef, so I just ate some of Joe's fries. They are sooooo good! Joe sure enjoyed his burger!
We finally reached our cabin in Gatlinburg. It was way up on a hill and 3 stories tall.
The front door and den
The kitchen
the stairs leading to our room
Our room
our balcony 
OUR VIEW!!!
After everyone arrived, we had quite the bar set up...here is Joe giving us a preview of things to come for him.
We even had an wooden indian in our cabin.
The next morning we woke up bright and early to snowboard and the parking lot was full by the time we got there...we were not waiting in the 3 hour line to ride the $10 tram up the mountain so we decided to try something else. I was sad...tear!
After a photo shoot on the balcony we decided to get out and do something.
We had passed by the Titanic museum on the way in and I was VERY interested. (*side note*-I believe that I was on the titanic...crazy I know, but I sorta believe that I was reincarnated and was REALLY on the Titanic....I know, I'm a crazy person!)
We had a 1 hour wait before we could go in, so we played in the gift shop.
Before you go in the museum you are given a ticket with a passenger's name on it. You can read all about them and then at the end you find out if your person lived or died. The museum was really neat. We got to touch an iceberg, stick our hands in freezing water, try to hang on to a ship as the incline increased, see a lot of artifacts, etc. I loved it! We also got our picture taken on the grand staircase. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside the museum...boo!
Overall, we had a great weekend. We made breakfast everyday, played the XBOX Kinect, listened to music, played cards, etc.















4 comments:
That cabin looks just like one I stayed at in Tahoe a couple New Years ago... Looks like a fun time!!
1. I'm facinated by the titanic story and went to an exhibit a long time ago that came to Nashville. Would you recommend the one in pigeon forge? 2. Joe's in a short sleeve shirt and there's snow?! 3. I'll be staying in a cabin in gatlinburg as well in February and I'm really looking forward to a good time with friends. 4. Where the girls at? :)
Glad you had a good time.
1. Yes, the Titanic museum was awesome....lots of reading though.
2. Yes, Joe is crazy.
3. Have fun!
4. There was only one other girl there and all the rest were guys!
That Titanic tour sounds like so much fun!
Post a Comment