Tomorrow is the start of a new school year for me and all my kiddos....a new beginning if you will. I have decided that tomorrow will also be the start of a new journey for me....a weight loss journey. I go through stages where I am all gung-ho about something and then it fades away. Not this time! We are going on a cruise in October and I want to be rockin' that bikini. We will also be starting to try and have munchkins in the next year and I want to be in the best shape that I can be before I add a bunch of baby weight. I have always heard that if you have a goal, you should write it down and then write down the ways that you will get to said goal. So here goes...my plan for success. Let me know if you have any tips of hints to make this process easier.
1. Get 8 hours of sleep every night. I have to wake up at 6 am...so that mean I need to be in the bed with the lights off at 10 pm...yikes!!
2. Work out 5 days a week. I am literally scheduling stuff around my workouts. If I know that I cannot make it to the gym in the evenings. I need to get my butt up to the gym in the morning...yuck!!
3. Eat more protein. I think I am a pretty healthy eater. I am going to eat more protein at lunch. Here is a sample menu for the day:
**Breakfast- 1 cup of mixed berries and 3/4 cup of dried cereal....eaten in the car on the way to work.
**Lunch- 1.5 cups of tossed salad or spinach salad with light dressing, 1 chicken breast (baked or grilled), steamed broccoli with lemon pepper, fruit
**Afternoon snack- granola bar or veggies with hummus
**Dinner- shrimp stir fry with brown rice
**After dinner treat- Eddy's all natural fruit bar
So what do you think?? Pretty healthy??















2 comments:
It sounds like you have a great plan!! I think I may start tomorrow as well, my sisters wedding is in a little over a month and I need to fit into my dress! Good luck girl! xx
I'm so proud of you. I'm in a kick to actually. I've promised myself and have wrote it down to work out 4-5 days a week. Started this morning at 4:40am!! Ran/walk and did some situps. I'm going to work on the sleep thing. :) You can do it! We can both do it!
Post a Comment