Ok y'all get ready for picture overload. I had so much fun planning this Minnie party for Sally. She is really into Minnie and all things Disney right now so this theme was perfect for her 2nd birthday.
I started by getting these invites and the planning went from there.
For the front door I made a Minnie wreath using this tutorial. Trust me...wrapping all of that black yarn wasn't fun but I got it done. I plan to use this for my Disney countdown calendar like the original tutorial.
I got the easel from Hobby Lobby and wrote a welcome message on it with a chalk marker.
After entering the front door, I put a sign, a stuffed Mickey and a picture of Sally on the stairs.
I covered the entry hall table with a piece of black and white polka dot fabric. On the table I had the treat buckets, a sign and a bin of Minnie/Mickey ears.
Here is a close up of the treat buckets and what was inside. I had a friend cut me some vinyl Mickey heads and I put them on little galvanized bins from the Target $1 section. I added bows to the Minnie ones (for the girls).
Inside most of the buckets I had: red nail polish with a Minnie tag attached, a personalized luggage tag, bubbles, a hand clapper, Minnie Pez and a fruit strip. I LOVED the luggage tags. The fabulous Lauren Haddox designed them and did such a wonderful job! In the buckets for the babies/boys I put an applesauce pouch instead of the polish.
I had a bin of homemade Minnie/Mickey ears. I ordered the headbands off ebay and made them using this tutorial. They were not fun to make either...bur turned out cute!
On the mantle in the living room, I had a big piece of foam board covered in wrapping paper. I made a little paper bunting for it and also got some white wooden letters from Hobby Lobby to spell out "SALLY". I also displayed several pictures of Sally from her 2nd year and a wooden #2 that I glued in a frame with scrapbook paper.
We have had this frame for a few years. I just changed out all of the pictures and added a mini paper bunting.
In the kitchen I hung up a ribbon banner (borrowed from a friend).
I also printed offa sign and paper banner from Lauren Haddox Designs.
Here is a view of the dining room. On the main table I had some foam Mickey heads (borrowed from a friend) and a fabric runner.
On the present table I put a piece of black fabric that I already owned and a sign from Lauren Haddox Designs.
I really wanted a photo booth...even though hardly anyone actually used it :(
On the wall I hung up some black and white chevron wrapping paper and some paper pinwheels that I got from Hobby Lobby during Christmastime.
I had some paper ears, bows, hands, etc for people to use as props and a red picture frame.
I also added a sign, vintage camera and Minnie :)
And now for the fun part...the dessert buffet! This is always my favorite thing to do. For the backdrop I used 2 foam boards on wither side (covered with wrapping paper). For the middle piece I used a leftover piece of ply wood that Joe had. I needed the middle part to be wood so we could hang the black frame (target mirror covered with wrapping paper and a paper Mickey head) with a nail.
I made a rag garland using fabrics from Hobby Lobby.
I made mini chocolate raspberry tarts, added some brownie bites from Costco, Hershey kisses, Valentine M&M's (I picked out the pink),
a cupcake tower with Minnie cupcakes,
marshmallow pops, yogurt covered pretzels and dessert shots.
I loved the way it turned out!!
Here is a close up of the cupcakes. We cut black fondant circles for the ears and I made white fondant bows using a youtube tutorial. It wasn't as easy as it looked.
Here is a picture of the drink station. We had water and red punch in drink dispensers. I used a banner, bottle wraps and drink labels all from Lauren Haddox. For the bottles, I used my trusty glass Starbucks bottles. These things have really come in handy!
One thing I really loved about this party was that we had so many kids running around and playing. It just made my heart so full :) Sally had such a fun time!!
When it came time to blow out the candle on her cupcake, she was a little nervous of the fire so Daddy and I helped her.
She LOVED the cupcake and was taking dainty little licks of icing.
She couldnt wait to start opening presents and of course wanted to play with all of them.
Everyone was so generous to her..she got so many toys, clothes, books, etc. No the big question is...where to put it all!?
Then it was time for Joe and I to give her the present from us...a Minnie Car!! We used this tutorial.
She was soooo excited and has been driving it around ever since :)
I was so happy to celebrate with so many friends and family. Look how many sorority sisters were there!!
Sally with Aunt Kristy
Beth and Brody
Mommy and Daddy with the Birthday Girl :)
I was kind of sad that the day was over but also relieved in some ways...its like Christmas...so much build up and planning and then its over so fast...I guess its time to start planning her next birthday!
































2 comments:
Love the picture prop idea!!! I am nervous about planning Millie's second birthday, but I sure don't want to spend the $$ that I spent on the first, but I do want it super cute!!! You did a great job, I'll have to remember in June to come back when I start prepping for her party and revisiting this tutorial, since we're doing Mickey & Minnie
Everything is so, so cute!!! Love the decorations and the car! Can't believe she's 2!!
Post a Comment