HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Day At Disney

So as you can tell from my title, I did decide to go to Disney for the day after my crazy traveling adventure
My day started off super early. I checked out of the hotel near the airport around 5:15 am and took the free shuttle to the airport. I went downstairs at the airport and got on Disney's Magical Express (free shuttle) to the All Star Sports Resort. 

Its certainly not the most glamourous Disney resort but I got a great deal ($85/night). 




When you go to Disney you MUST stay on property. It makes everything soooo much easier! The last time I was at this resort was for a high school cheer nationals. I checked in and was very happy that my room was ready so early in the morning (6 am). 





I was so excited to try out the new "Magic Bands".
 I went to my room, threw my stuff on the bed and was out the door again. I took the free bus to Magic Kingdom and was there by 7. The park was scheduled to open at 8 am but I like to get there early and take it all in. 



I was so happy to be there for the welcome show. You must experience this once at Disney...so magical!



 I started chatting with a mom/daughter team behind me and they had no idea what they were doing so I told them to just come with me and I would show them the best way to do things. First we stopped and took pics in front of the castle.


We went right to Space Mtn and rode it about 5 times...walked through Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan and then rode Haunted Mansion. Next up was Thunder Mtn. (which we rode about 3 times). The whole time I was telling them all kinds of Disney trivia, helpful hints, etc. I was like their own personal tour guide.









I stuck with them for a few hours but I was freezing and needed to buy a stupid $50 Mickey Mouse hoodie so I didn't freeze. I told them we could meet back up later if they wanted. 

Now it was snack time..I was starving!! I got a Dole Pineapple Whip..my favorite Disney treat!!


I also ate a Mickey pretzel :)


After a quick lunch I decided to just walk around and ride a bunch of things.

Selfie!








I took a quick trip back to the hotel around 2 pm so that I could rest my legs and charge my phone. I was at the hotel for a about 30 minutes and then I was back for round 2. I rode a bunch of rides, walked in and out of several store, people watched, and grabbed some chicken tenders for dinner.  During the night time parade, I decided to just ride Space Mountain over and over. Then it was time for fireworks. I felt a little lonely watching them by myself but no one seemed to notice that I was by myself.



After the fireworks, I rode Space Mountain 2 more times and then decided to go buy Sally a souvenir. I had it narrowed down between a super tacky Minnie purse and a light up Minnie thing...when you press a button, her dress spins. I took a picture and sent it to Joe.


He said to get the purse :) We will get the light up thing when we take her in the fall.

Then I decided my feet had enough walking for the day. I probably walked close to 10 miles with all my back/forth. I was exhausted. 


I got back to the hotel around 10:30. I took a hot bath and fell fast asleep.  The next morning I slept until about 8:30 and then it was time to head to the airport.



Until next time Mickey!!


All in all, I had a great time. Would I go by myself again? Not on purpose. If I was to be stuck in Orlando by myself, yes.  I thought I would be more self conscious about being there by myself...but I wasn't. No one cared/noticed. They were all in their own little magical disney bubble..and so was I :)








2 comments:

Sunkissed and Southern said...

This sounds like such a fun day! I cant believe you got to ride the rides so many times in a row? No waits?

Random thought, I always wonder how many people take baths at hotels. For some reason I always freak out they are not clean and am scared. Looks like you survived :)

Julie said...

I would have been the same way - curious about being by myself but I wouldn't have passed up the opportunity. I mean, Disney!! How fun that you helped that mother/daughter team, I'm sure they really appreciated it :)

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved