One of the activities on our summer to do list was for Sally to take swim lessons. Yes, I know she is very young. I have been reading that the earlier your put your child in swim lessons, the better. We did our last week with Miss Shelly Copeland. Here website is here. The prices were great, the location wasn't too far and we were all very excited. Joe had to work some of the days so we agreed that it needed to be consistent on who took Sally each day. Yay! I was the lucky one :) The lessons themselves were short...only 30 minutes each day with a few super short play breaks built in. We taught the little ones how to go under without freaking out, blow bubbles, kick their legs, and work their arms. We also practiced jumping off from the edge, turning around, swimming back to the edge, and climbing out of the pool. Can Sally swim by herself yet? No way! Swim lessons are something we will probably do each summer for the next few years. I was very glad that we went. Now I know the things that I can be practicing on my own with her at the pool. Sally had a blast! She is my little fish and LOVES being in the water.
Here is Miss Sally on the last day...sucker in one hand, participation ribbon in the other hand. She was a happy girl, my friends!
My brother used to be a lifeguard and teach swim lessons, so when he was in town this past weekend, we went to a friends pool and worked with her some more.
Also, these are the swim diapers that we have been using. So far they have worked really well!



















No comments:
Post a Comment