Here we are at the Memphis airport waiting for our plane. Goodbye Memphis....

Hello Mexico!! Here is the front of the resort as you drive up. We stayed at the
Excellence Playa Mujeres and it was awesome!!
Just take a look at the lobby. They were waiting with cool towels and champagne when we checked in....I could get used to this treatment!

Look at our wonderful room....this is actually a standard (and the cheapest room).

The view of our room..nice huh?
We had a hot tub in the room that opened up to the balcony....balcony you asked?

Oh yes! And it had a napping bed....we preceded to fall asleep on this thing a few times.
Look at the view from our balcony. We were right across from the spa and had the lazy river floating underneath.
Joe found a friend whose nickname for the week was "Jersey". Yup...he was a full fledged Guido and Joe and him liked to fist pump.
On the first night Joe and I went to Spice, the Asian restaurant, and ate at the Hibachi table.



They even brought us a special dessert at the end!

Oh....and there was a turn down service every night....with chocolates....love it!

We stayed in room 1306.....close enough to everything but far away to feel secluded.

Friday was our anniversary and we did it up right. Here I am enjoying a mimosa with breakfast....pretty sure this was an everyday thing.

Here is the anniversary card that Joe made me. I love his homemade cards.



When we came back to the room after lunch they had decorated our door

and left cold champagne and fruit in the room.

Look at the swans and rose petals....so fancy!

For dinner that night we hit up the Italian restaurant....it was yummy!

The next morning it was pool time....again! I usually came out earlier than Joe and snagged us good chairs.


Let the relaxing begin....



For dinner that night we went to the Lobster House....grilled lobsters.....yummmmmmm!




Here are the free sailboats that you can take out....we went almost every day. Joe went to sailing camp when he was younger....so he knew how to do it.


Iguana!! This is a small one, but there were big ones
everywhere and they love the fruit garnishes from your drink :)

Joe enjoying the pool.

Joe playing volleyball. He did this everyday...I preferred to lay out and read.



Yummy desserts from lunch one day.

Look a rainbow!

This is the life!

Pretty birds that I stopped to talk to everyday.

Joe and I ready for dinner on our last night. We are much tanner than when we first got here.


Our sweet friends we met...Vicki and Lord Lee...yup they are from England and he is a Lord....I do not know what that means, but it sounds important. Lee's family owns beach houses in Greece and we hope we can go with them soon.

Adios Mexico....we loved you so! We can't wait to come back to the Excellence. It was beautiful and the service was wonderful!

Let me know if you have any questions.















3 comments:
love the pics!!! glad you had a blast!!!!
We stayed at The Excellence in Punta Cana last summer for our honeymoon and it was beyond amazing!
Looks like a blast! I love your swim suit and dresses...too cute!
Post a Comment