HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer To-Do List: Finger Painting!



I attempted to make my own finger paint, but it did not go as planned. While I was at Michaels this weekend I picked up a pack of colors. I hate that I can only find primary colors. I want some hot pink, lime green and turquoise. Is that too much to ask. 


I was a little nervous about having Sally finger paint. What if she eats the paint? What if she rubs the paint everywhere...including her hair? I had seen several tutorials on Pinterest and decided to make my own.

I picked up a canvas at Hobby Lobby (with a 40% off coupon thank you very much), the finger paint at Target and got the painters tape out of the garage. I knew I wanted to make a word with the tape. Possible choices: Sally, an "M", Moske....I finally decided on LOVE. Since I had a square canvas, I decided to make the tape with LO at the top and VE at the bottom.

Just putting the tape on the canvas isn't enough. The lines were too straight so I pulled it all up and cup the letters a little bit more fancy with the scissors. 




Then came the time to paint. I stripped Sally down to her diaper and put her in her highchair. I had the wipes (and camera) ready! I started out by putting some globs of paint randomly around the canvas and then I set it down in front of her. She stuck her finger in it and immediately put it in her mouth. YUCK! Luckily this paint is non-toxic :) I had to show her how to smear the paint around and then she quickly got the hang of it. She had a lot of fun but when she felt like she was finished, she wanted it out of her way.







I let it get almost all the way dry and then very carefully peeled the tape off. Some of the paint had bled under but that's ok. I think we both did a great job for our first time finger painting!






I love the way it turned out :)




4 comments:

Melissa said...

Very cute!

Kelly said...

That is great.... original art by Miss. Sally...

E Hayes said...

Cute, love this idea... maybe I can have the little "help" me make some art for her baby sister using this idea :) Thanks for the inspiration and linking up!

hello erin said...

this is SO CUTE!!! its such a fun activity!! and so many possibilities!!!

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved