
1. Take inventory of what you need and make a list.
Figure out what size clothes and shoes you need for each of your children. I make a list of each article of clothing I am looking for. So I remember and can check it off. If I know I am looking for a size 18 month black sweater and a Christmas dress you bet I will write it down so I don’t get overwhelmed and forget. Also take inventory of what you already have.
2. Go with a Friend or Family Member-
I have a good friend who I have shopped a few sales with and it is so fun to go our separate ways and shop then come back together and show off our finds and figure out together if it is a good deal or not. It is also good to have a second set of eyes out there if you are looking for something in particular. It is all about divide and conquer one person goes to toys while the other goes to strollers or whatever.
Figure out what size clothes and shoes you need for each of your children. I make a list of each article of clothing I am looking for. So I remember and can check it off. If I know I am looking for a size 18 month black sweater and a Christmas dress you bet I will write it down so I don’t get overwhelmed and forget. Also take inventory of what you already have.
2. Go with a Friend or Family Member-
I have a good friend who I have shopped a few sales with and it is so fun to go our separate ways and shop then come back together and show off our finds and figure out together if it is a good deal or not. It is also good to have a second set of eyes out there if you are looking for something in particular. It is all about divide and conquer one person goes to toys while the other goes to strollers or whatever.
3. Bring a Basket-
Some people have a rolling cart that I they take. But a laundry basket or giant bag would do the trick too. Something to hold all your finds in that allows you to have your arms and hands free.
Some people have a rolling cart that I they take. But a laundry basket or giant bag would do the trick too. Something to hold all your finds in that allows you to have your arms and hands free.
4. Leave the Kids at Home-
Enlist Dad, get a sitter or drop the kids off with a friend who is not shopping. With some of the bigger sales crowds are an issue and you really will not get much shopping done with them in tow. Plus I shop for my kids I don’t want them to see all the toys I buy them. Because oftentimes it is for Christmas and Birthdays. You will be more focused and score some deals if they are not with you.
Enlist Dad, get a sitter or drop the kids off with a friend who is not shopping. With some of the bigger sales crowds are an issue and you really will not get much shopping done with them in tow. Plus I shop for my kids I don’t want them to see all the toys I buy them. Because oftentimes it is for Christmas and Birthdays. You will be more focused and score some deals if they are not with you.
5. Shop Early-
For the big sales I always shop presale. You get the best selection and lines and crowds are not as bad. So I always either consign or volunteer at the sale to shop early. Even if you don’t consign at a sale you can almost always volunteer to work the sale. Side note-Enlist your hubby, friend, mother in law etc. to work for you so you can shop early. I have a friend who volunteers with her hubby...hello date night :) together and then she gets to shop even earlier with those combined hours.
For the big sales I always shop presale. You get the best selection and lines and crowds are not as bad. So I always either consign or volunteer at the sale to shop early. Even if you don’t consign at a sale you can almost always volunteer to work the sale. Side note-Enlist your hubby, friend, mother in law etc. to work for you so you can shop early. I have a friend who volunteers with her hubby...hello date night :) together and then she gets to shop even earlier with those combined hours.
6.Figure out a good price-
Do your homework to know what a good price on an item is. I check out eBay or craigslist for that. This helps figure out what the average price is and then you can try and figure out if the consignment price is good or not.
Do your homework to know what a good price on an item is. I check out eBay or craigslist for that. This helps figure out what the average price is and then you can try and figure out if the consignment price is good or not.
7. Half Price Day–
I always love going to half price day. It is the last day of the sale and you often times can still find decent stuff. The first day you shop is when you buy what you need and half-price day is when you get the items you want or like. It is also a good time to buy ahead for the next year if they are a decent price.
I always love going to half price day. It is the last day of the sale and you often times can still find decent stuff. The first day you shop is when you buy what you need and half-price day is when you get the items you want or like. It is also a good time to buy ahead for the next year if they are a decent price.
















No comments:
Post a Comment