HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

4 Months of Lessons Learned


*Breastfeeding is hard....a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I was always one of those people who looked down on moms who used formula. "Why would they do that when they have perfectly good breastmilk?!" is what I used to say. Let me tell you, breastfeeding is hard and requires so much out of you both physically and mentally. I only lasted 4 weeks before I gave into the formula and let Joe help me feed Sally. I never looked back and have not felt any guilt. I had to do what was best for my family. I will try to breastfeed again with the next one.

*You will love this little munchkin more than anything in the whole world and wonder how you went all this time without them.

*Target trips are good for the soul and bad for the wallet. It's good to get out of the house everyday.

*You will not get enough sleep...sometimes even barely waking up to feed or change the baby. Even though you are so tired, somehow you are still able to attend to this mini human that needs you so much....and you enjoy it.

*The dishwasher needs to be unloaded, the laundry needs to be folded and dinner needs to be made. You have to learn how to let things go. There is time to do them tomorrow...for now, order a pizza or pick up Pei Wei and enjoy your time with the baby.

*Poop, pee and baby puke...all gross things...but somehow when they belong to YOUR baby, they aren't as bad. 

*Baby smiles are just about the greatest thing in the world!!


*Date nights just need to happen sometime..without the baby. Thankfully we have some friends and family that are always willing to keep our little munchkin.


*Trust your instinct...it's there for a reason. If you feel like something isn't right, it probably isn't. This goes for everything from your baby being sick to why they are not sleeping.


*Your body will not be the same for a while...it takes me a long time to loose weight, but I'm working hard. Sally is worth it though.


*Get dressed and do you make-up and hair everyday...you will feel better about yourself and your husband will think you look nice.


That's it...just a few bits of wisdom from me.


5 comments:

Amy said...

I completely agree with every single one of these!

Amy Breeden Nagoski said...

Thank you for this post! Only being 4 months pregnant I am still scared to death! So excited, but scared. :) This helps relieve some of those fears!!!

Unknown said...

Agreed with every point. I'm still nursing, it's still hard. Better jump in the shower and attempt to fold laundry with any remains of his mOrning nap!

Coffeetalk said...

I totally agree with the one about getting dressed/makeup. I'm kinda in the situation bc i do daycare at home. its much easier to wear sweats and no makeup, but i starting to see my husbands face when thats ALL i wear. he makes some nice comments when i actually put on a lil makeup and put jeans on.

jessica said...

Fully agree!!! Although on your last point, I am thankful that I work or else I would NEVER do my hair and makeup. I just don't care to if I have nowhere to go. lol

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved