HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Monday, July 16, 2012

A BIG Change in the Moske House



 I was home with my baby girl for three months and then went back into the classroom full time for the last 2 weeks of school. To say it was hard was an understatement. Surprisingly, I didn't cry when I left her.  I was too busy to cry. I also knew that she was in good and loving hands. We had several different family members /friends who offered to watch the munchkin so we wouldn't have to put her into daycare....that, my friends, would have broken my heart. For the two weks that I was back at work, life was hard and super busy! I barely had time to check email, much less blog, cook, work out, spend time with Joe, etc. When I got home it was all about feeding Sally, getting her bathed and into pajamas and putting her to sleep. After she was sound asleep, it was about washing bottles, packing diaper bags and doing laundry. Home cooked meals? Forget about it. Working out? Ha!! And I was stressed. The happy go lucky, careful girl I had turned into while at home with baby was gone...and the stressed out Sarah was back....and it wasn't fun.  But that's alright because I had plans to be a stay at home mom!

Yup...that was the plan. It has always been my dream to stay at home with my baby, but now with the decision in front of me, I just wasn't ready to make such a huge lifestyle change by going down to one salary. I did not want to fight with Joe about money or think twice about the groceries I buy. I don't want Sally to go without anything and I want to be able to take her on several trips a year....so for this year, I will be returning to the classroom. It was an extremely hard decision. My heart told me to stay home and my head told me NOT to quit my job. I love my job and I work at such an amazing school. We have a wonderful lady who keeps a few babies in her home and she has a spot for my sweet girl. I am so thankful that I have someone who is going to love on my baby girl all day when I am not there. Will it be hard? YES! I cannot imagine going all day and then coming home and wanting to spend time with Sally but feeling like I have zillion things to do. I am praying that we get settled into a routine and I will not be too stressed out. For now, I am enjoying the last two weeks of summer with my little monkey!




7 comments:

Sunkissed and Southern said...

good luck with everything!! I'm sure it will work out great...at least you will have summers off and can get an early start to your day and come home earlier. and, the flexibility to bring papers and things home with you!

Thinking Through My Thirties said...

I feel your pain! I desperately want to stay home with Ben, but I also don't want to give up trips and other things that would happen if we dropped to one income, so I too am returning to the classroom this year. I've found a great daycare for him and he starts in exactly two weeks, so that's how long I have to try to come to terms with this! Good luck to you!

Holly said...

It's always a tough decision, but you have to do what's best for your family. I am a working mom, too. Someone has to pay for the health insurance, college savings accounts, a home cooked meals. :)

Go you!!!

AllisonFay said...

Good luck with everything! I know that Joe goes out of town a lot, so if you are ever in a bind- I'm right down the street. :)

BTW- love your new blog design!

Token Yankee said...

It is a hard decision! I am already dreading going back to work and getting everything done with a baby!

californiadreamin said...

Good for you for knowing what you want girly! Good luck with everything :)

Definingtabitha said...

It's a really tough choice that I think a lot of us have to make. I know my husband and I go back and forth constantly about evaluating my salary vs. the cost of child care. However, aside from caring for my child, I also want to live a specific lifestyle...a lifestyle I know that would be difficult if we were to live on one income. Kudos to you on my making that decision - it's a toughy!

Defining Tabitha

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved