On Friday we went to dinner at Las Delicias...of course!! Then I had a bunch of cupcakes to make :)
Saturday started bright and early. We did the Junior League 5K. Joe ran and I walked while pushing Sally. It was a rainy morning, but we finished...and Joe won in his age group and 6th overall!
We came home and we had some down time before I had 2 people coming to pick up cupcakes. In the afternoon we met our friends Peter, Parker, and Baby Cole (our friends from birth class and their new baby girl) at the zoo. We stayed for about 2 hours and then it started to rain, so we called it quits.
That's one of the joys of having a membership to the zoo...you don't feel bad about only going for a few hours. We napped a few hours on the couch before meeting Meredith and Ryan at Pete & Sam's for dinner.
On Sunday, we celebrated my first Mother's Day. Sally and I napped on the couch together in the morning and then ran a few errands. When Joe got home from work, he gave me my Mother's Day card and gift. He and Sally went shopping and they did good! I got beautiful Stella and Dot earrings and the funniest card ever! Joe drew it himself and it goes right along with the funny SNL video that I posted on my "Mother's Day" post.
Sally with my gift
Happy Baby!
Funny card and pretty earrings!
Here is the front of the card. It says: "Tell me why you love her!" and it has the lady from SNL with the baby hands licking a squirrel...bahaha!
The inside says: "Her snuggles are the best. She swaddles me at night. She sings the bestest songs." and then Hank is saying "I'm not allowed on the couch". He even drew a picture of Sally! I laughed out loud...LOVE the card!!
Later, we went to Firebirds for dinner and then came home and did a 2 mile walk around the neighborhood.





















6 comments:
Awesome card from Joe, he is quite the artist. That looks just like the lady from the sketch and Baby Sally looks amazing.
Aww looks like a perfect way to celebrate your mothers day. Hope you had a wonderful time.
That is such a great card from your hubs! Too awesome!
Looks like you had a great first Mother's Day!
Sally is so adorable!
Good to see you this weekend! Sounds like you had a great 1st Mother's Day!
Glad you had a nice first Mother's Day!
What a fun weekend! I love that card. Did your husband draw that himself? If so, he's very talented. Great earrings, btw.
Post a Comment