Nosebleeds, stuffy nose, strange dreams...I have had them all this week. I have heard that these are normal...yuck! One this week involved my mom, grandmother, and aggressive goldfish....strange....
In other news, Joe and I watched this movie a few nights ago:

Although I am not quite ready to deliver a baby in our bathtub, it did make me think. Joe and I talked for about 45 minutes afterwards. For one, I do not want to be induced, I want nature to take its course. I also do not want them to give me my epidural too early. I want the option of sitting on a birthing ball and also trying different positions that may be easier for giving birth as opposed to just laying them on the hospital bed. Have any of you done any of these things? How did it go?















5 comments:
I've had the craziest dreams too. So weird.
I'll have to watch that movie...thanks for the recommendation!
Well you know my story about the birthing ball. Just make sure you are delivering at a hospital that doesn't want to strap you to the bed. Let me know if you have anymore questions...and yes I so had a stuffy nose while I was pregnant!
I haven't seen that movie yet, but have wanted to check it out! I'm definitely with you on not wanting to be induced, too!
Had the stuffy nose and nosebleeds with Riggs, and have had crazy dreams with both pregnancies. I too watched the documentary and it definitely informed some of my decisions. I labored at home for as long as possible (and I did get in the bathtub at one point because it felt so much better!) and was at a 7 once I got there. I was open to a natural delivery but planned to go with the flow and trust my gut. Once I got to the hospital, even though I really felt great and that I could keep going, I just knew in my heart of hearts that I needed to get the epidural. Well, sure enough, Riggs was sunny side up, stuck under my pubic bone, and had the cord wrapped around his neck, making things more complicated...I was SO glad I trusted my gut and got that epidural! But I do think I might try natural again this time around. I think an open mind is your biggest asset when it comes to childbirth! (But I'm totally with you on not wanting to be induced either!!!)
I know I don't really have a ton of firsthand knowledge about this, as I have no kids, but I do know that my friend hired a Doula for her birth and could not say enough amazing things about it. They created a pretty specific birthplan, and I know the numbers show that a birth with a doula has lower instances of inducing and c-sections. If you have a birthplan that is really important to you, it might be something to look into!
Post a Comment