HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Monday, July 18, 2011

Telling The Parents

Telling your parents that you are pregnant is almost as fun as telling your husband....almost. The first parent to know was my sweet mama. She has known about this baby since she went to heaven and I personally think she had a hand in selecting my little one. When I get scared or nervous about something I calm down quickly because I know she is watching out for me.

Here is a picture of my sweet mama when she was pregnant with me in July 1981. I love her dress and shoes....looks like stuff that I wear now :)


The next person we told was Joe's dad. We had to do it over the phone but he was soooooo excited!!

We had my dad over for dinner to tell him. We were sitting around the table eating and talking about life and we asked him what could make his life better right now. One of his answers was to have a grandchild. We said "well...today is your lucky day!". At first he didn't believe it but then we was so happy and almost cried for a minute. He was so excited but also a little sad since my mother couldn't be sitting there with him. He wishes she was here to be a grandma. I wish she could be here too.

We told Joe's mom and stepdad when we went to Minnesota for the 4th of July.
On the agenda....taking in a Minnesota Twins game in the new stadium.

Here I am at the Minnesota airport 7 weeks pregnant. Did I mention that I super sick the entire trip....yeah....I was. It was no fun!

We made a book of pictures from our trip to Mexico. On the last page was a picture of the "pregnant" pregnancy test. Here is the video of Joe's mom seeing the news. It didn't go exactly as planned. She didn't want to ruin the surprise for Joe's stepdad who still hadn't seen the picture in the book....oh well. She was super excited :)


Of course my brother and all other friends and family were all so excited. We feel so blessed to have so much love and support from everyone!!


No comments:

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved