I have added trailers for the ones I could find....watch them!

1. Thirteen
OK, let's start with the most scandalous....cause that's how I roll. I saw this movie several years ago and right then and there decided that all parents of teenagers should watch this. It is very eye opening and raw. It is the story of a girl who wants to fit in with the popular crowd but soon finds out that it comes with a price. The really cool thing about this movie is that it was co-written by Nikki Reed (yes, Rosalie from Twilight) when she was only 13 years old and its autobiographical. Check it out and prepare to be shocked.

2. The Peanut Butter Solution
I LOVE weird Canadian 80's kids movies...I could do a whole post just on them! This one is very strange. I remember seeing it for the first time when I was little and then getting my parents to record it so that I could watch it over and over again. If you ask people around my age (28) about it...a lot of have seen it and love it to this day. It's about a boy who has a bald head. He meets some ghosts in the middle of the night and they give him a special recipe to grow hair. they tell him not to add too much peanut butter...but he does and his hair will not stop growing. Love it!!

3. She's Out of Control
OK, this is just one of those feel good 80's teen movies (my favorite). It's about a dorky girl who gets a make over while her father is away on a business trip. She becomes totally boy crazy and the rest is history. It's got great 80's music and fashion and was a slumber party classic for me.
4. MargieThis movie is VERY hard to find. My dad showed it to me when I was like 13 and I still love it to this day. Last year, I found it on ebay where someone had converted it to DVD and of course I bought it. It's the story of a girl, Margie, growing up in the 20's. She is in high school and has to deal with a lot of things that kids deal with today....fashion, boys, embarrassing parents, falling in love with her teacher...it's a classic and if you can find it, watch it!!
5. Little DarlingsThis is not on DVD. You can watch it online if you can find it. I heard a rumor that they are doing a remake. It has lots of famous people in it when they were kids...Matt Dillion, Cynthia Nixon, etc. It's the story of two girls who meet at summer camp...one if rich, one is street smart. They make a bet on who can loose their virginity first. I always felt like they were WAY TO YOUNG to be making such bets!

6. Lady in White
My friend, Mollie and I used to watch this when we were in middle school and would get so scared. It's a good scary movie that's really not so scary :)

7. Dick
I LOVE this movie...plus Will Ferrell's in it so it's pretty awesome. It is the story of two girls and how they are behind the water gate scandal. It's got lots of history in it and I think it's so neat how they made everything fit together for the movie. It has some great one liners in it too!
8. Dance Til DawnI'm pretty sure this was a made for TV movie at one point. I can remember watching it with my neighbor across the street in the 80's. The kids in the movie were going to prom and we thought they were sooooo cool! It's almost not funny how many 80's teen stars are in this: Christina Applegate, Tracey Gold, Matthew Perry, Alyssa Milano, etc. It's a great 80's flick!!
9. Seven Minutes in HeavenThe name says it all. It's about 15 year old growing up and it stars a young Jennifer Connelly. I recorded it off TV years ago and still have the VHS so that I can watch it. I'm hoping they release it to DVD soon.

10. Dead Man on Campus
Please tell me that you have seen this....so funny!! Tons of great quotes!!
So....have you seen any of these?? What's on your list?















5 comments:
Dead Man on Campus is one of my favorites. My #1 favorite movie is Troop Beverly Hills. Do you remember that movie? It had Shelley Long and Craig T. Nelson? It was an 80's favorite of mine. My mom found in on DVD and gave it to me this year on my birthday. Best gift ever.
Ok, I have not seen ONE of these! Time to add to the Netflix queue!
Seriously?! Yes, watch them :)
Laurie, yes, I LOVE Troop Beverly Hills....have the DVD :)
Sarah, I've only seen Dick and I hated it. You watched it in college A LOT!!!! But, you know I don't do old movies so thats why. I know you still love me. :o)
How come Fear and Love Actually are not on the list?!
First of all, you wouldnt even watch the first 5 minutes of Love Actually. I did not put that or Fear on this list because more normal people have already seen them. You are silly to not like old movies...they are the best!!
Post a Comment