
Joe and I took a fun trip to Savannah, GA for a quick New Year's getaway. After driving 10 hours and checking into our hotel, we went and got yummy pizza at Vinnie Van Go-Gos'....it was delish! I found it on Tripadvisor and I must say it didn't disappoint.

The next morning, we woke up and took a walking tour of the historic district with "Savannah Dan"...once again, found him on Tripadvisor. Have I mentioned I LOVE that sight. It is the best and always leads us to the best hotels, restaurants, and things to do. We saw a lot of neat things on our tour. Above is the church that was used in Forest Gump when the feather floats by at the end.

This is right behind the spot where the famous Forest Gump bench was.....only it is not usually there. It was only there for the movie...so there is no bench. The closest thing is this bench close by. Here are me and Joe doing our best to look "simple" like Forest, Forest Gump :)

Joe would like to be a Mason someday. I think he likes the idea of a secret society meeting in old buildings. Savannah Dan took a picture the oldest Mason building in Georgia reflecting in Joe's glasses. I like this picture a lot!

Here we are with Savannah Dan. What an awesome tour and tour guide. He really knows his stuff and taught us in a fun way.

Joe and I like spooky stuff, so a stop by the cemetery was definitely on the agenda. This was was very old. A bunch of the tombstones were knocked over by soldiers and horses from General Sherman's army when they camped here. They were not very nice to the graves and some of them actually changed the dates on the graves so that they died before they were born, etc. Naughty boys! The tombstones lined up on the wall were some that got knocked over and they did not know where to put them back. We also took a candle light ghost tour.....spooky!!


Here we are at Forsythe Park in front of the famous fountain.

We went to The Pirate's House for dinner one night. While the place is full of history, the food was lacking. It is actually a place where famous pirates used to hang out. The owners have made it into almost like a Hard Rock Cafe....complete with a Johnny Depp wanna be and overpriced shrimp. They were playing The Jackson's Christmas album for crying out loud.


We drove out to Tybee Island to see what all the fuss was about. Maybe it was the weather (COLD), or maybe it was the shops (tacky), but we were not impressed. I will take Destin any day! We did take pictures in front of the pier and fed some birds. They were swarming and was scary! We also collected our sand. We collect sand from every beach we go to.



Awww...I have such a sweet husband! It says, "I (heart) Scrunsh" (that's my nickname).

We also drove to Beaufort, SC to look at a neighborhood called Habersham. It's the cutest place right in the middle of nowhere. It reminded me of across between Seaside and Dawsons Creek. We got to go inside and look at the Southern Living Cottage that was up for grabs last year. It's on the market for about $400,000. It would be a really nice and safe place to live.

For dinner on NYE, we hit up The Olde Pink House (thanks Tripadvisor). It was sooooo yummy! One of the best meals I have ever had :)


I had to take a picture in front of the old Episcopal Church and below is Joe with a lucky fish spout. Legend says that if you rub it when it is raining, you will have good luck....go Joe!


Here is our hotel, the trusty Hampton Inn. You just can't go wrong....free breakfast, comfy beds, etc. We had a great time and I would love to go back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment