HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Prepping Your Guest Room For Guests

Joe's parents will literally be here any minute. They are driving down from Minnesota to spend Thanksgiving with us and we are so excited to see them! I wanted to try and so some simple decorations for the guest room to make it a little festive. Here is what it looks like.



I put together a little welcome bucket of goodies for them. It has Twizzler bites (their favorite), Milk Duds, honey roasted peanuts and some fruit....just a little something to make them more comfortable (and take care of any late night cravings!).


I took a glass jar that I already had and added some pinecones. I also added a burlap pumpkin (Hobby Lobby), a framed quote, and some Scrabble tiles to spell out "grateful".


I also made a banner using free printables from Pinterest.




Here is a another view.



I always try to stock my guest room with magazines. I have them stored in a vintage milk crate.


I also always put a stack of freshly laundered towels and washcloths on the bed.



I asked Joe to install a hook on the back of the door. Our bathroom remodel is still not finished so we will all be sharing a bathroom (yay!). I thought it may be easier to have a place where they can hang their towels. 


Sally loves this little shelf I have. Its full of vintage children's books. She loves to read them...upside down. 



What do you do to make your guests more comfortable?



No comments:

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved