HomeAbout UsWe Love to TravelCasa del MoskeOur WeddingMy Bucket ListBaby SallyPregnancyLet Me Plan Your TripContact Me

Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Butterfly Wall Tutorial

I saw this post on Holly Mathis Interiors and was instantly jealous. Joe and I love vintage bug prints so I knew this would be perfect for the dining room. The one problem? Cavallini did not make a butterfly calendar this year and it seemed that finding one from previous years was going to be impossible. I looked on ebay, craigslist, amazon....everywhere. Finally I emailed the company directly and they led me to a store in Seattle that sometimes had calendars from years past. Guess what?? They had one left!! I bought it over the phone and waited impatiently as it made its way to my mailbox. 

I got the 2011 version. Woo-hoo...let the craftiness begin!
First I went through and VERY carefully cut the pictures out from each month. Then, I took them to Hobby Lobby and had mats cut for them. They were all different sizes so custom mats were a must. They turned out to be about $6 per mat.

 I also bought 9 frames from Hobby Lobby. They were 50% off. Score!

After getting all of them in frames, they were ready to be hung.

Joe got out all of the necessary tools and got to work. Im not exactly sure how he did it but there was a lot of measuring in involved. This is where it helps to have a handy guy around. 

I told him that I wanted three rows of three and he delivered. Good job Joe!


And....all done!! 

 I LOVE the way it turned out!! I feel like it really pulls the room together.


The dining room is almost finished...yay!!











1 comment:

Chelley N said...

That looks really great! Show us pics of the rest of the house :-)

Follow Me



Cruise 2009

Cruise 2009

Greece

Greece

Savannah

Savannah

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

6-10-06

6-10-06

Thailand

Thailand

Laguna Beach

Laguna Beach

Coronado

Coronado

Hanky-Boobie

Hanky-Boobie

NYC

NYC

California

California

My Hubby

My Hubby

Moske Monkey Business

Ebates

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pagerank

Page Rank Checker

Pageviews last month

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved