We started a super fun tradition last year: 24 Days of Christmas Books. It's super easy. You just collect 24 Christmas books, wrap them up and label them with a number (1-24). Put them in a bin or basket and your child gets to open one each night. I have been collecting books for years and I taught Kindergarten for 9 years. Needless to say, we have MORE than enough. If the thought of buying 24 brand new books sounds overwhelming or expensive, here are some ideas: start looking at thrift shops, garage sales, local resale sights, used book stores, Paperbackswap.com, etc. It's really easy to find them once you start looking.
Sally loves opening up one book each night for us to read! I hope your little ones enjoy this fun tradition too!
















2 comments:
I've seen this idea before, and I would love to try it next year!! I agree, maybe looking in the "off season" at sales etc. would be a smart move! How fun!! I don't think you can ever have too many books. ;)
I've heard of this tradition before, but haven't done it before. It sounds awesome and my kiddos would LOVE it. We probably have close to 24 Christmas books already, so I just need to do it next year!!!
Post a Comment