
Making an advent calendar for Sally has been pretty high up on the list of priorities. With so many DIY ideas out there it was REALLY hard to choose what I wanted to do. When I saw mini galvanized buckets on sale at Target after Christmas last year, I snatched up 25 of them at 50 cents each.
They had colorful ribbon through little holes but I just cut it and pulled it out. I used printables found here and taped them on. I didnt want to do anything permanent since I am not sure I want to keep this color scheme.
I knew this would be hanging in our den so I decided to use black and white. I knew it would go with the rest of the decorations in that room. I did use colorful paper to wrap the little gifts.
I have been collecting little things for the past few months. Here are some ideas that we are doing:
*coloring books
*necklace
*candy
*small stuffed animal
*holiday DVD
*holiday plate and cup set
*ornaments
*holiday socks
*antlers
*bubbles
*small books
*holiday pajamas
*sprinkles and cookie cutters
*holiday stamps and washable stamp pad
*small bag of cookies or crackers
*window clings
*jingle bells
*chapstick/lip gloss
*hair bow or headband
*fun band-aids
One thing I have learned.....buy smaller presents that actually fit in the buckets. Some of my items are bigger and will not fit. I plan to hide the prize somewhere and give Sally clues to find it.
As you can see, once you put gifts in, the buckets do not hang perfectly...ehhh...that's life! Today is our second day to do it and Sally wakes up each morning so excited to check the bucket.

















No comments:
Post a Comment